Saturday, February 12, 2011

You should never stop studying, learning and growing....

I was fortunate enough to have Mike Johnston do a clinic at my music school, The Music Factory, last night  and I can truly say I was inspired to go home and play drums for several hours. It reinforced my belief that no matter how long you play music you should always be trying to learn from others. This is something I think the masters have figured out so why shouldn't the rest of us mere mortals apply this philosophy as well. When you get to a certain level of musicianship it's not about this person being better than you or vice verse, it's about realizing that you can learn from so many other musicians just as they can learn from you. I have been fortunate enough to have had a tiny bit of success in the music business and I can tell you right now that I will be watching Mike's live drum lessons to pick up chops, learn new ways to study and practice my craft, as well as be part of great community of people. I highly recommend that you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment