Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let the summer tours begin!!

     Wednesday, April 20th 11:06 pm....
               The dogs are sleeping after being well fed. I'm relaxing watching justified after another long day of pre tour stress out week. I can't wait to actually get our tour started so I can relax..The last minute list of stuff I have to get done before I leave doesn't seem to be getting shorter. Action items keep getting added which is not a good thing. Last night while having a late dinner I chipped my front tooth which I had repaired about 4 months ago. I really didn't need that with 3 days to go before departure. Luckily my dentist Tom Baba will be able to see me Friday night. I broke a cymbal day before yesterday. That was a total bummer. The good folks at Sabian cymbals, Chris and Shirline, were super on top of their game and have gotten me all set up fast as possible. I will have to go without this cymbal until we get to Minneapolis on May 4th but I am very thankful that they can make that happen. They are great people at a great company. My Vater sticks arrived today so that is all good to go. Thanks to Chad Brandolini at Vater. They are another great company. I also picked up a two month supply of drum heads from Aquarian today as well. Thanks to Chris Brady and Roy Burns. I was not so lucky with drum companies ..Been working on a new drum deal since NAMM in January and both companies decided not just to say no, but to wait until the last minute to say no so I didn't have any time to look elsewhere. Nice...I will be adding two drum companies to my "will not play" back line rental list. Tomorrow morning I have to take one more of my dogs in to get there shots updated so they can stay at the kkennel. This is the one bad thing about leaving for tour, well there are two bad things. I miss training Jiu Jitsu and I miss my dogs terribly. What else is on the list? Regular packing of course. That includes all my bike clothes so I can ride a bunch with Mr Trever Keith. My vitamin's and supplements and all my electronic toys and very important, all of their respective chargers. I plan on doing a big house cleaning before driving the dogs up to be dropped off on Saturday. Saturday night is hair cut time at Halleywoods in Costa Mesa. I have a ton of projects that I am working on for The Music Factory school of Music.  I was hoping to get more done before I left but you can only do so much. I have this weird travel phobia that I'm going to run out of media. It's so weird. I bring tons of magazines and kindle books etc and I get to read very little of it. I just have to have it to feel good..Weird.......
     I'm so looking forward to Starbucks tomorrow morning. It's gonna be real good...
             

No comments:

Post a Comment